Painter | Sprayer with Laurysen
Laurysen Kitchens in Stittsville is looking for an experienced Finishing Sprayer. We are committed to seeking out energetic and dedicated individuals for our production team who are able to start right away.
You will be responsible for:
- Applying solvent and water based finishes with a manual spray applicator (Kremlin).
- Applying spray on, wipe off / spray on, no wipe, water and solvent stains.
- Applying water based primers as well as tinted top coats.
- Quality of work, specifically achieving consistent finishing results.
- Repeatability of finishing results is key (for service parts).
- Creation and use of step panels for best results.
- Reviewing finished work to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
- Reporting production issues and assisting in resolutions as required.
- Maintaining proper settings for best finishing results.
- Properly maintaining and cleaning spray applicator and work area.
- Utilizing production reports to set up equipment to ensure accurate production of work.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Performing other duties as requested by the supervisor.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have a course completion in wood finishing techniques or equivalent in related work experience.
- Enjoy wood working environment in a production facility.
- Have good communication skills (English language).
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Have exceptional hand-eye coordination for quality finishing
- Pay strong attention to detail to identify & correct surface defects and achieve top quality finishing of cabinetry components.
- Stand, walk, reach, stoop, bend and crouch as needed.
- Move and lift heavy or awkward product frequently.
- Work day shift Mon-Thurs (7:30am – 4:30pm) Friday (7:30am – 3:30pm).
- Work overtime as required.
- Provide own transportation (no bus on route).
Laurysen Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer and all employment decisions are based on merit, qualification, and business need.